Welcome to Prep at TRBPS
Prep is the start of the Early Years of schooling which continues until Year Two. At Tucker Road Bentleigh Primary School, we create a warm, friendly, kind and caring learning environment that allows your child to flourish in their first year of school and beyond. The Prep teachers support children’s learning by making connections between school and their experiences at home, kindergarten or childcare. The Preps are currently located in our Early Years Classroom Building, which opened in 2021.
Prep provides the foundation for your child’s success at school by developing:
- the knowledge, understanding and skills required for learning
- a positive approach to learning
- independence and confidence
- creativity and problem-solving skills
- physical abilities, including gross and fine motor skills.
In Prep, your child will have opportunities to learn in many different ways.
This includes learning such as:
- play-based activities
- inquiry-based approaches
- making decisions
- solving problems
- developing thinking skills
- developing a positive sense of self.
As part of the Victorian Curriculum children develop skills in:
- Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing
- Mathematics and Problem Solving
- Physical Education
- Respectful Relationships
Prep children also learn about:
- roles and responsibilities
- developing social skills for working and playing with others
- diverse social and cultural practices of people in their community
- making healthy choices
- experimenting with materials in a variety of creative
- imaginative and innovative ways
- mindfulness and wellbeing
2023 Prep Teaching Team
Amy Harris (Foundation Team Leader)