Interacting with the Community
Tucker Road recognises that it is an integral part of the local community and seeks to foster a positive working relationship by:
- Providing a range of opportunities for individuals and community organisations to become involved.
- Promoting involvement through the Marketing and Communication sub-committee of School Council.
- Distributing information via newsletters to the local community.
- Providing an opportunity for community organisations to distribute information via the school newsletter.
- Planning activities to foster interaction between students of the school and the wider community to the benefit of both parties.
- Making school grounds and facilities available for community usage or hire when appropriate.
- Supporting Glen Eira Council initiatives where appropriate.
- Developing links with local sporting, charitable, service, educational and business organisations.
- Ensuring that students and community benefit from the involvement and participation.
- Seeking feedback from the local community on an annual basis concerning the involvement and image of the school.
- Developing links with local kindergarten and childcare organisations.
- Providing annual open days for prospective families and students.
- Facilitating communication and liaison with other local schools though networking groups.