Our School Council meets monthly and comprises 7 parents and 4 staff who together:
- establish the broad direction and vision for the school
- develop, review and update the policies of the school
- raise funds for school related purposes
- regulate and facilitate the after-hours use of our school
- exercise general oversight of the buildings and grounds ensuring they are kept in good order and condition
- ensure all money coming into the hands of the council is properly expended
- ensure they take account of the views expressed by the school community for the purpose of making decisions in the best interests of the school and our students
- ensure the annual report and school’s strategic plan is published and available to the school community
- stimulate interest in the school in the wider community.
We have an industrious and supportive council who are committed to doing the best for TRBPS. They objectively consider matters and carefully consider all perspectives. There is an evident generosity of spirit in the members of council and in the sub committees who work consistently to support our school.
Mr John Moore
School Council President
Finance Sub Committee
The Finance & Administration Sub-Committee has the role of;
- Supporting the Principal and Business Manager in the financial management of the school, to maximise benefits to current and future students
- Reviewing the monthly receipts, payments, bank statements, program budget reports and other financial reports
- Planning the budget for subsequent year – making recommendations to School Council
- Providing input into the development of school strategic goals
- Ensuring our resources are targeted at meeting the goals of the Strategic Plan
- Ensuring funding and resources are allocated towards school maintenance and capital development projects
- Review of Policy & Procedures as necessary
- To advise School Council as appropriate
The committee consists of The Principal, Assistant Principal, Business Manager, School Council members and interested parents.
New members are welcome – financial expertise is handy but not a requirement.
If you are interested in joining the committee, please contact Robyn Farnell, TRBPS Principal.
Meetings are conducted on a Monday at 6.30pm in the Principal’s Office.
Buildings & Grounds (BAGs) Sub Committee
The Buildings and Grounds Sub-Committee has responsibility for:
- Maintaining and improving the schools buildings and grounds
- Planning for the future development of the school buildings and grounds
- Conducting regular safety audits of the school buildings, grounds and playground equipment. Organizing appropriate corrective actions with timings aligned to the hazard levels.
The committee consists of the mixture of enthusiastic TRBPS staff and community members.
New members are most definitely welcome – technical and trade skills and prior expertise are always welcome but not a requirement.
- Committee meeting once a month, Thursday evening at 7:30pm
- Working Bee, twice a term – weather permitting, Sundays 9:30am.
Education Sub Committee
The Education Sub-Committee has the role of:
- Providing input into the connections between the school’s strategic goals and the school’s curriculum and programs
- The planning, implementation and actioning of school policy and procedure development and review.
- Parent education opportunities and needs
The committee consists of both teaching staff and parents and meets on Tuesdays the week before School Council meetings at 7.00pm in the Staffroom.
Functions & Community Events (FACEs)
The Functions and Community Events group (FACEs) exists to serve the school through the following functions:
- Events with key purpose of bringing people together through school community involvement in “events”, public relations, promotion of the school and assistance in student events as requested.
- Fundraising (not necessarily for profit but a by-product of “events”) The Funds raised through these activities are pooled into the general school budget as a whole and while we do not have the authority to determine disbursment, we can make a recommendation to the School Council for the use of the funds.
- Offical School Council Functions & Events, as requested eg: School Council Thank-you Evening
- Offical Roles : Relevant section of the Strategic Plan and review of policy.
- School Admin / Other Functions