Our School Council meets monthly and comprises 7 parents, 1 community member and 4 staff who together:
- establish the broad direction and vision for the school.
- develop, review and update the policies of the school.
- raise funds for school related purposes.
- regulate and facilitate the after-hours use of our school.
- exercise general oversight of the buildings and grounds ensuring they are kept in good order and condition.
- ensure all money coming into the hands of the council is properly expended.
- ensure they take account of the views expressed by the school community for the purpose of making decisions in the best interests of the school and our students.
- ensure the annual report and school’s strategic plan is published and available to the school community.
- stimulate interest in the school in the wider community.
We have an industrious and supportive council who are committed to doing the best for TRBPS. They objectively consider matters and carefully consider all perspectives. There is an evident generosity of spirit in the members of council and in the sub committees who work consistently to support our school.
Mrs Linda Threadgold
School Council President
School Council Members are:
Mrs Linda Threadgold – Current President – until March 2023
Mrs Tamar Goldman – Vice President – until March 2023
Mrs Dragana Vukadinovic – Treasurer – until March 2023
Mr Luke Bishop – BaGs Convenor – until March 2023
Mr Nick Gouin – until March 2023
Mrs Elizabeth Runting -until March 2023
Ms Emma Baldwin – staff representative until 2024
Ms Amy Harris – staff representative until 2024
Mrs Ellise Mehl – staff representative until 2023
Mrs Robyn Farnell – Executive Officer
Mrs Nerissa Parker – Minute Taker
**We recently held the TRBPS SC Nominations for 2023 and will announce the results on Compass at the end of March.
Finance Sub Committee
The Finance & Administration Sub-Committee has the role of:
- Supporting the Principal and Business Manager in the financial management of the school, to maximise benefits to current and future students.
- Reviewing the monthly receipts, payments, bank statements, program budget reports and other financial reports.
- Planning the budget for subsequent year – making recommendations to School Council.
- Providing input into the development of school strategic goals.
- Ensuring our resources are targeted at meeting the goals of the Strategic Plan.
- Ensuring funding and resources are allocated towards school maintenance and capital development projects.
- Review of Policy & Procedures as necessary.
- To advise School Council as appropriate.
The committee consists of the Principal, Assistant Principal, Business Manager, School Council members and interested parents.
New members are welcome – financial expertise is handy but not a requirement.
If you are interested in joining the committee, please contact Robyn Farnell (Principal) or Nerissa Parker (Business Manager).
The Finance SC committee is currently convened by the School Council Treasurer – Mrs Dragana Vukadinovic.
Meetings are conducted on a Wednesday at 8.00 am in the Principal’s Conference Room.
Buildings & Grounds (BaGs) Sub Committee
The Buildings and Grounds Sub-Committee has responsibility for:
- Maintaining and improving the school’s buildings and grounds.
- Planning for the future development of the school buildings and grounds.
- Conducting regular safety audits of the school buildings, grounds and playground equipment. Organizing appropriate corrective actions with timings aligned to the hazard levels.
The committee consists of the mixture of enthusiastic TRBPS staff and community members.
New members are most definitely welcome – technical and trade skills and prior expertise are always welcome but not a requirement.
- Committee meeting once a month, Thursday evening at 7:30pm
- Working Bee, twice a term – weather permitting, Sundays 9:30am.