Tucker Road Primary School was established in 1954 and has a tradition of providing a high quality, caring school environment. The school enrolment is 609 students. Tucker Road is situated in spacious and well presented grounds. Separate senior and junior adventure playgrounds together with quieter internal courtyard areas to cater for student recreational needs.
A major upgrade of facilities occurred during 1999. The new fully air-conditioned facility incorporates the latest in classroom design and learning technology infrastructure. The school community places importance on maintaining and further developing the facilities.
In 2011, a new learning area was opened which houses 6 Classrooms and an open learning space this was renamed in 2014 as the Stan Oakley Learning Centre in honour of the past Principal.